Monday, December 3, 2007

I'm it again...

Is there any meme going around that is not list x amount of things about yourself? Cuz like I don't think I've seen it yet. Of course, it is way more entertaining to read about others instead of making up (I mean telling!) stuff about yourself. So since I just told 7 things not long ago, I will tell not just 6 things about myself, I will tell 6 things I have learned in my life. Thanks, Tristi for tagging me.
1. I have learned that if you are going to fill up your car while two 5 year olds are in it, you had better keep the keys in your hand while you're out there at the pump. I learned that just this week. Lucky for me, I learned it just in the nick of time. So I don't have a really interesting and entertaining story to tell you about that one... (whew!)
2. I have learned that Labor day is really a holiday, and it is NOT a reproductive holiday. Duh, LABOR Day. I guess I must explain that I'm only apparently fertile on holidays. And the twins were born at 8 months in late April...
3. I have learned that when you have 4 kids under 4 and a 13 year old, making time for yourself is much more exhausting than any relief it may bring. Just try to survive and enjoy it till they're older.
4. I have learned that every single trait that worries, confuses or irritates you about your children, all the things you wish they would listen to you about and change, are things you can see in adult form if you look in the mirror or in your spouse's eyes or both.
5. I have learned that double boilers HAVE to have water in the bottom pan.
6. I have learned that if you clean after your kids go to bed, the house will usually stay clean for about 8 hours.
I've actually learned a whole lot more, but that will have to do for now. If you have learned anything in life, please comment and I will be happy to tag you. If you don't, I will break the chain and be cursed with bad luck for the rest of eternity. Pleeese help meee!

3 comments:

Jen said...

6. So true! Even though I know it is short lived, the clean house from 8pm until I go to bed makes me sooo happy!

I would gladly participate in the tag, but I was just tagged for another one. Sorry.

Ronda Gibb Hinrichsen said...

Please don't tag me, but I wanted to say I loved your "clean at night" wisdom. I used to think it would be great if we could call all our friends to come and see our house NOW, while it's clean, because I knew it wouldn't last long; but your idea, I think, is better.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

These are great! But Tristi already tagged me ... I'm still commin up with 6 things....!