Friday, January 4, 2008

I Should've Known...

You would think that after nearly 19 years of marriage I would know better. When Papi said he didn't want any gifts for Christmas, that the mega printer he bought in November was enough for him, I should have known something was wrong. He said he didn't want anything for his birthday, either. I wasn't going to mention his birthday till he had his other one ( OK, so he has 2 birthdays) but now I had to let it slip. He waited till I gave him a shirt to start letting me see him look for a new laptop. I told him we didn't have money (or credit) available, if he wanted one, he could just work extra. So he goes to a party with the 4 boys while I work and then comes home late with a new laptop. He's been plotting the whole time and that's why he didn't want me to get anything. I should have known he wasn't getting frugal. What annoys me is at the very moment he was buying it, I was telling this blogger that I would brave going to the store with 4 little kids in tow to buy a new laptop if I were her. (I mean, her husband takes off with the 2 oldest on her anniversary and leaves her home alone with the younger 4! She deserves it!) Isn't that ironic? I really hope she follows my advice now, just to vindicate me. Apparently, Papi is willing to take 4 boys with him to the store to get a new laptop if that's the only way to sneak around me.
But, on the upside as Kellan would say, I get his old laptop! Also, He got an A- and B in his classes last semester! Woo Hoo!

3 comments:

Pam said...

Yeah, my hubby has a spending problem too! He just goes and buys what he want and I worry about how we can afford it. Oh well...he has good qualities too! ;)

Yeah on the getting the old laptop and yeah on the grades he got!

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Wow! We had a similar situation here, I felt horribly guilty because all I got him was shoes for work. So he ended up getting a GPS device...

You asked about the farms, we use winder farms www.winderfarms.com

Maria said...

I want a new laptop too! Is that how you get one?