Saturday, January 19, 2008

Random Recipes- Birthday Recipe

I'm joining Pam over at Random Thoughts in her recipe exchange. Hop on over for more great recipes. My sister in law gave me this recipe. I made it for a friend's wedding once and her whole family loved it so much, they asked me to make another for a family get together. I finally told them the name and they were very amused. Makes for interesting conversation. Whether or not it lives up to it's name might depend on factors like how much you like chocolate, how big a libido you have and whether or not you are 91/2 months pregnant at the time. But like I always say, why not have your cake and eat it too? Who says you have to choose between the two?

BETTER THAN SEX CAKE
4 eggs, well beaten

1 chocolate cake mix

1 box instant pudding, made up following directions on package

8 oz. sour cream

½ c. oil

½ c. water

12 oz. chocolate chips

Beat egg well and then fold in all ingredients except chocolate chips ,which you stir in after the rest of the mixture is smooth. Bake at 350 for 40 to 50 minutes. I like to frost with whipped cream and top with shaved chocolate or dust on some cocoa powder.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Well, I will certainly have to try this one!

Livin' With Me

Unknown said...

My mom would make this for family reunions when I was growing up, but she called it "Better than Robert Redford Cake." I didn't get it until I was in high school. I guess that's why she called it that, huh?

Pam said...

I am going to have to try this!! Maybe I can convince my hubby it is better then sex and he can just eat that on nights I am tired...ha ha ha

I am so glad you played along and posted- thanks so much!!

Andrea said...

Ha! The title is SO funny!
And it doesn't hurt that it sounds delicious too!!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh yummo! Can't wait to try this one!