Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Suspense is Over

Ok, Ok, I won't keep scaring you, I did survive the walk. Honestly, it is a walk most people could do, as long as you don't have to keep leaving the path to chase kids out of the pond and the playground and past the aviary. It's a very pretty park. That walk would've taken 5 times as long with all my kids so luckily, I went with my sister! She was very well behaved. We saw a guy who couldn't use his feet anymore and was wheelchair bound get up and walk after some stem cell treatment he had recently. That is exciting! 90% of Lupus patients are women. This is what happens to the other 10%

Just kidding! These clowns were just trying to liven up the party. My pictures came out with lots of shadows and pretty scary shots of me, so I'll refer you for some pics of us and some good info on lupus to my sister Amy's blog. I'm so out of shape, I realized when I used my parent's scale and found out I'm 10-12 pounds overweight. I know, that's nothing, I will step on my foot now, Michelle. Then after the walk on Saturday, I bent over to pick up a pamphlet and felt stiff and sore when I went to stand up. Probably has something to do with gardening earlier in the week, but a lady we were talking to asked me if I had lupus too. That was it; I better do something about this. While I was busy wearing exercise gear and hoping to burst into spontaneous exercise, the stretchy sweats allowed my mid section to expand which makes my jeans uncomfortable so maybe I'm going to have to start wearing the jeans instead to remind me to exercise.

Anyhow, it was a lot of fun and informative too! We think the whole family should join us next year. Between my sister and I we have earned $280 for the cause and you can still donate over the next few months! It's so easy, just click on the donate button. I think that if everyone who heard of any cause even donated one dollar, we could do so much more. Speaking of causes, don't forget the people in Myanmar and China right now, they could use a dollar or two. not to mention a prayer or two. That's all for now, it's back to work for me.

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad that that hair is not a result of the disease! Only kidding.
A good friend of mine has Lupus, she also has afew other problems, including life threatening alergies to berries and bee stings.
Thanks for working so hard to help those in need.
Glad that you are recovering from the walk. Blessings, EJT

carrie & troy keiser said...

You are awesome to be so involved in all these different causes! You go girl!

Karen said...

Yeah for walking! I love the clown, she looks like she could have dressed in imitation of me some days.

The Sports Mama said...

I read those last two lines as "That's all for now. Its back to me."

Had to re-read them a couple times! :)

Glad the walk went well!

The Cranes said...

O.K. Shellie, how do you do it? How did you put a link in for a specific post on my blog (instead of sending them to my blog page at large? How do I put a link on a post on my blog that sends them to a previous post on my blog? Dad and I spent an hour trying to figure it out one day and we couldn't. So write it in your journal--your dad and I need your technical computer blogging expertise!

Lei said...

Thanks for the reminder to be more aware of what is going on all around us.

:)

Burgh Baby's Mom said...

It might have been a doable walk, but I think congrats are still do. So, congratulations!