Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I Used to Be Short

Still catching up here. I have to save this story that happened a few months ago.  I was with Thing 2 at the store and he happened to mention something about "Tom" aka Gigio, being pretty short.  I said., "Well, he got that from his mother." Thing 2 stops short.  "Wait a minute," he says, "You mean to tell me you were short when you were a kid too?"(Totally shocked here).  I told him that not only was I pretty short when I was a kid, I was always the shortest one in my class. And I still am, I'm still very short.  He was incredulous.  He argued with me that I was not short anymore.  I told him I was still short.  He almost comes up to my neck already and he's only 9.  He holds his hand up at an angle and says, "No, Your head comes up to that sign"  Well, that's just an illusion I tried to explain to him.  If he's looking straight up at me, the sign farther back appears to be right over my head.  I saw a lady who was more like about 5' 7'' not far from us and asked him if he didn't see that the mommy over there was taller than me.  No, she looked about the same size to him.  So, there you have it.  I used to be 4'10'' but now I'm 5'7'', at least in my baby's eyes. The End.   

2 comments:

RAQ said...

love it!:) and we know you are a giant in spirit!:)

4boyzmdmom said...

Oh, that is so funny! It's all perspective, isn't it?!!