Wednesday, February 13, 2008

More Warm Fuzzies

So, as if the blog bling wasn't enough, I overheard this conversation between Thing 1 and Thing 2 last night.
Thing 2: Look, Thing 1, mommy give me toothbrush!
Thing 1: Wow!
Thing 2: Look, it sticks! (I can tell, because I just saw this a few minutes before, that he is sticking the little suction cup on the bottom of the handle onto the counter top and then knocking the toothbrush off again, sending it flying and narrowly missing the toilet.)
Thing 1: Ha Ha! That funny!
Thing 2: Yeah, he's the BEST mom in the WHOLE WORLD!
Thing 1: Yeah, he give me cwayon toofbwush!

If only someone had told me 16 years ago that's all it would take to be the best mom in the world, that would've taken a huge weight off my shoulders!

11 comments:

Pam said...

I have been working way to hard for that good mommy award--must find suction cup toothbrush!

Maria said...

Ha ha! My daughter thinks I'm a man too!

The Sports Mama said...

You, my friend, are getting off easy! :) According to my teenager, it now takes a heckuva lot more to win ANY mom awards....let alone the "Best Ever". :)

Rick said...

That's better than the award you gave me!

BTW, I gave you a little mention over on my blog.

Rick

caramama said...

Yeah! What a great conversation to overhear! I will remember to get mine a suction cup toothbrush.

Theresa said...

Very funny. I love it when children get the 'he-she' thing mixed up. Ok...running out to get a new toothbrush. Theresa

Burgh Baby said...

And all this time I thought food was the way to a kid's heart. Must.find.toothbrush.

Michelle Kemper Brownlow said...

Just wanted you to know, I AM the mom of one of those kids, too!!!! He just wasn't with me!!

He is 2 with Sensory Perception Disorder....I know what you mean when you say, Self-control!!

HOLY MAMA!

Michelle Kemper Brownlow said...

Me again - my last comment was referring to your comment on MY blog....just so you knew what I was talking about... :)

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

cute! Thanks for the smile! :)

Fourier Analyst said...

Well thanks for sharing the secret. Too bad it's too late for me to use it...