Sunday, May 3, 2009

Some Thing Things

A few weeks ago, I happened to notice some new artwork on the Things' bedroom door.
I don't know how long it had been there because there is a lot of other strange stuff on it. I asked who did it and found out it was Thing 1. His explanation was exactly what I thought it was-No Gigio or Carino allowed! What likenesses to the real boys!

Then, soon after the guitar hero joined our family, I found box guts all over my living room. I couldn't get mad after Thing 2 showed me the fish he made me with it.

This gives me hope that he is doing the switchover from dismantling the world to building it up. As long as he doesn't get ambitious enough to build a nuclear breeder in my shed, I think we're O.K. Guess all the money lost to Transformers and Bionicles was useful, huh?
P.S. maybe I spoke too soon. Anyone know how to attach a wire back into a rock band drum? You know who broke it, and managed to get a fat lip in the process.

7 comments:

RAQ said...

Great pics! Good luck with the drum thing!

4boyzmdmom said...

Sorry, I don't know how to fix the drum! My boys have also barred each other from their rooms. But they put their "keep out" signs on paper, at least!

Straight to Your Hart said...

Thanks for stopping by last week and leaving a comment on my blog..sorry to take so long to return the kindness.

I love the fact that their creativity is not only for cutting out or drawing but the gift of tongues!! :) Sounds like my house..love it!

Unknown said...

Love his fish! His so creative! I'm just thrilled to see kids play - like we used to play, using their imaginations. :)

Walt and Julie Johnson said...

That fish is awesome! He sounds like a little Walt. I think they get to the fixing and building things stage when they're teenagers. I hope that's not too depressing. :)

Anonymous said...

lol
well... he is very creative :) that is for sure!!!

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Looks like your kids' creativity is just spilling over, lol.