Sunday, September 2, 2007

The latest letter

July 17, 2007

Dear Dr. Johnson,

I’m just writing to warn you in advance that I have not been able to be a regular flosser. I’m so sorry. It’s not that I don’t want to or that I don’t believe in all the benefits of flossing, quite the contrary. It’s just that I have to hide my floss in a different place each day to keep my kids from finding it. It gets really exhausting trying to come up with new places and not forget where I put it. The other day was the last straw. I was cooking in the kitchen when I looked over to see a floss line going across the doorway. Once I could safely leave the kitchen without burning anything, I found that one end of the floss was tied to the top of a step stool and strung around the door handle, then across the family room and out the front door. Outside, it was wrapped around the banister to the front stairs and then went straight across, about a yard off the ground, clear across the next door neighbor’s yard and driveway, through to the fence on the corner of the street where it was tied off where it ran out. So, the only one who got any flossing that day was the neighbor’s car. Do you think anyone makes a voice activated dental floss dispenser?

Sincerely,

Shellie Espinoza

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hysterical. Note to self, don't ever let my nephews and nieces see this post until they are old enough to not care.