Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving


Hope you ate well over the holiday! We always do. We usually invite people who are alone to join us and J. makes the whole feast. This year he was too tired and my parents invited us to dinner with them, so we just brought part of the meal, so I was saved again. I just made a green salad, a potato casserole and a black bottom pie. Most of those were experiments, so luckily they turned out good! I'll have to do a recipe post later. We had a great time with family. I'm grateful for everything! I'm so lucky for the lesson I got from so many people when I was a missionary in Chile. We would ask people to pray and they would thank God for their bodies, for their bread, for the simplest things that Americans take for granted and rarely think of giving thanks for. I'm grateful for experiences like that to help teach me humility.

1 comment:

Suburban Correspondent said...

Good point! Thanks for the reminder...